The Patient Experience Coordinator will review the patient & caregiver needs from the time they are referred, through the start of care and follow up periodically during the episode of care with the goal of improving patient and family satisfaction. The Coordinator will engage the patient and caregiver in meaningful dialogue to establish and maintain a positive and supportive relationship through ongoing communication. The Coordinator will work collaboratively with our care partners in the community and the BRHH team to ensure the patient receives all ordered care and services in a timely manner and according to policy and procedure. The Coordinator recommends initiatives to improve the patient experience to achieve superior patient satisfaction outcomes and acts as a liaison for patients and families in effective problem solving of patient/family concerns and complaints. The coordinator investigates, resolves, documents and reports patient, family and visitor concerns and compliments to home health leadership and appropriate team members.
- LPN +3 years or C.N.A. + 5 years
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Home Health Care or related field
- Previous experience with customer service or patient satisfaction
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, including effective telephone skills
- Strong skills with MS Office programs, Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, email
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities with efficiency
- Effective and demonstrable problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Must be people oriented, demonstrates passion in advocating for patients.
- Must be capable of multitasking and handling several assignments with accuracy
Hours: Full Time; Monday - Friday (8a-5p)
- Calls and connects with designated assigned patients with the goal of determining the need of additional support to prevent readmission to an acute care hospital.
- Maintains regular communication with clinical and non-clinical staff to determine current status of the patient and to follow up with determined patient needs.
- Maintains complete and accurate records in accordance with Federal, State, and Medicare regulations.
- Maintains a pleasant and professional demeanor reflecting the values of Brooks mission, vision, and values to maintain patient’s dignity and respect.
- Submits required reports in a timely and professional manner.
- Obtains customer/patient feedback and analyzes client satisfaction results by conducting regular program participant phone calls and provides feedback of trends to management.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Activities.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a clear understanding of the processes and programs within the Brooks System.