The Regional Home Health Administrator will serve the North Region of Brooks Americare Home Health. This is a very busy homecare agency that is part of Brooks Rehabilitation post-acute system of care.
We have an average daily census of about 750 clients, many medically complex as most patients come to our agency following an acute or skilled nursing facility admission. This person may be serving in a dual Administrator/Director of Nursing role for a brief period of time. The position oversees all daily operations in the North region which consists of Jacksonville, Fernandina Beach, Orange Park and Saint Augustine. The North region has a goal of about 580 admissions a month. It is not unusual to have 20 admissions across the region today.
There are 7 clinical supervisors, approximately 7 quality Improvement Performances, and three administrative office staff. Our EMR is Healthwyse.
The Regional Administrator will interface and collaborate with key leaders across the agency in our marketing, intake and billing departments as well as leaders in other divisions of Brooks Rehabilitation. Strategically the role will focus on increasing employee engagement and improving quality outcome measures, particularly around reducing readmissions and increasing patient satisfaction (HHCAHPS) scores.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing, Health Service Administration, Business Administration or equivalent experience. Masters degree preferred.
- 3-5 years progressive management experience in home health with experience over multi-branch sites.
- Experience in directing operations in a multi-branch setting
- Experience in Medicare regulations, including compliance and Home Health Value Based Purchasing
- Experience in home health care or in a facility licensed under chapter 395, under part II of chapter 400 or under part I of chapter 429.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements at the state, federal, and local level, including accrediting bodies.
- Identifies and implements the organizational structure.
- Responsibility to ensure that new Conditions of Participation in Home Health are implemented (effective Jan 13, 2018)
- Plans, organizes, and directs the Agency's ongoing functions.
- Directs and coordinates the overall development and administration of the Agency consistent with the Agency mission and available resources, and with the involvement of the Agency staff and participation of the Professional Advisory Board.
- Provides leadership in the development of strategic long-range plans.
- Provides direction in formulating the programs and policies.
- Identifies the legislative, community, and third-party payer issues that impact Agency development plans.
- Assures compliance with federal/state/ACHC regulations governing home health care services.
- Maintains ongoing liaison between the Governing Body, the Professional Advisory Board, and the Agency staff.
- Assures the accuracy of public information materials and promotional activities.
- Provides leadership in developing and maintaining data collection, recording, and reporting systems to ensure proper service, uniform accounting, data collection, and measurement of outcome
- Participates in establishing and maintaining public relations and marketing programs that increase the public understanding of home care, foster relationships with other members of the health care community, and contributes to Agency growth.
- Reports progress and makes recommendations to the Governing Body for future growth of all home health care services and products. Ensures development of relationships and contractual agreements with third-party payers, other vendors, and the business community. Assures compliance with contracts/agreements.
- Participates in the hiring, orientation, and development of management staff.
- Directs daily business activities of the Agency and assures development of systems that support recruitment, hiring and the ongoing professional development of Agency staff.
- Works with upper management in developing an annual operating budget with input from all divisions and departments. Submits budget to the Governing Body for approval.
- Is accountable to effective budgeting and accounting systems.
- Prepares accurate, complete financial reports in accordance with Agency policies. Manages financial resources according to budget and revenue projections.
- Responsible for the implementation of an agency wide Performance Improvement Program.
- Serves on the Professional Advisory Board and Quality Improvement Committee.
For more information on this opportunity, please contact Therapy Recruiter, Caitlin Main at Caitlin.Main@brooksrehab.org