Responsible for planning, implementation, scope, and emphasis of activity programs to encourage and stimulate residents to live fuller and richer lives. Plans and assists in research projects. Supervises activity aides. Assesses patients' needs and strategically develops a program to meet those needs, working with other department heads as necessary. Plans and implements activities (therapeutic and diversional) for all residents in accordance with Federal and State requirements.
- Degree in therapeutic recreation, physical education or a related field
- 3 years with experience in geriatrics, Long Term Care preferred
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations
- The ability to organize, prioritize and communicate effectively with residents, their families and all levels of the organization
- CRT certification
- Schedule and implement activity programs to be held indoor or outside.
- Prepare reports of complete assessments of resident interactions with families.
- Document care plans in compliance with the federal and state laws.
- Organize approved recreation resident programs in facilities and nursing homes.
- Direct therapeutic activities to meet care plan deliveries for residents.
- Record and document residents' reactions on care plans.
- Encourage residents to participate in leisure activities.
- Maintain and mange budget for residents' activities.
- Maintain and document all financial statements and records.
- Conduct in-service training for staff members on activities and recreation.
- Handle job responsibilities in accordance with appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws.
- Serve as the resident and family advocate.
- Act as liaison to insurance and medical management professionals.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all resident information.
- Accept assigned duties in a cooperative manner and perform all other related duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing or Administrator.
- Monitor and document the cost effectiveness of treatment provided.
Hours: Full Time; Monday - Friday (8a-5p and Some Weekends)