The Director of Accounting is responsible for the accounting operations of the Brooks Rehabilitation organization to include the production of financial reports, maintenance of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls. The Director delivers reported results in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and state audit guidelines.
This individual coordinates with external auditors and prepares for internal agency audits, establishes and maintains banking and vendor relationships, manages and forecasts cash flow positions, and reviews and catalogues financial contracts, financing agreements and insurance policies. The Director oversees all accounting department staff and ensures conformance to the organization’s policies and procedures, state and federal regulations, and the standards of professional agencies.
The Director of Accounting Will:
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities relating to large volume sales transactions.
- Oversee the general accounting function which includes internal methods, reconciliation, financial reporting, and balance sheet management.
- Coordinate work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records.
- Ensure that the accounting department is staffed & trained with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities noted above.
- 3+ years of progressive career movement within an accounting department
- Experience managing at least 2+ accounting staff
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, internal control, and financial reporting requirements
Desired Traits or Experience:
- Healthcare accounting department experience
- High level of proficiency and aptitude for applicable accounting software
- Strong organizational skills with self-motivation and goal orientation traits.
- Able to develop accounting staff
- Ability to handle management duties in a professional manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions as a team lead.