Brooks Rehabilitation a not-for-profit post-acute heath care system located in Jacksonville, Florida is seeking a Vice President of Marketing and Communications. Brooks is a $200 million organization operating a 165 bed inpatient hospital, 230+ skilled nursing beds in three locations, the largest home health agency in NE Florida 30+ outpatient clinics and numerous community outreach programs including adaptive sports, a brain injury clubhouse, stroke wellness, aphasia center and patient family housing.
This position reports to the President/COO and has the over-sight and management of the organization’s image, relationships, ethical and effective marketing and communication campaigns, and brand identity in the various business lines and markets served. Marketing/Communications supports the sales and marketing efforts of the individual business units of Brooks Rehabilitation and is responsible for conceptualizing and executing marketing strategies to position Brooks Rehabilitation as a leader in healthcare markets, healthcare segments and channels served. In addition the VP will create targeted demand marketing/communications solutions to an internal and external audience.
- Baccalaureate from an accredited college or university
- 7+ years experience in corporate communications and/or marketing
- Experienced in managing a variety of solutions from traditional print media through digital
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and execute business strategies
- Experience in managing a robust marketing/communications division
- Masters level from accredited college or university
- 3+years in communications/marketing in the healthcare industry
The VP/Marketing and Communications will:
- Evaluate and implement the delivery of organizational messages that are consistent with the Mission, Vision, Values, policies, goals and objectives of the organization
- Develop the marketing /communications strategy and execution to support and meet the organization’s stated strategy
- Work within corporate strategies and policy frameworks, designs, proposes and implements marketing strategies, guidelines and procedures within broad principles and policies set by the organization to meet marketing requirements supporting short and long-term business needs.
- Oversee market research and monitors competitor activity to identify opportunities and trends within existing and new market segments and to ensure that appropriate response strategies are formulated and communicated.
- Oversee the development of marketing plans for company's products/brands, including sales plans, and implementation of product strategies.
- Oversee the development and execution of corporate and marketing communications internally and externally and brand positioning.
- Develop and attain key performance indicators for implemented marketing strategies.
- Oversee brand/product introductions, marketing/sales campaigns, promotion activities, and advertising and assesses their success against the plan.
- Ensure connection between marketing and sales functions
- Contribute to the development of new products and services and coordinates with sales, and business line operators on design, product specifications and product enhancements/changes as needed
- Manage and motivates subordinate staff; reviews and assesses performance, builds employee capacity, supports their professional development and enables employees to optimize their contribution to the department.
- Ensure all brand standards are updated and adhered to; internally and externally