Primary access point for all home health referrals. Process and coordinate all necessary intake information to the appropriate administration and clinical staff. Complete intake screening, including obtaining, documenting and analyzing all required information to make a preliminary admission decision. Provide clinical expertise on the home bound status of the patient as you perform a preliminary overview of the referral.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Registered Nurse with current/valid Florida Nursing license
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Home Health Nurse or Intake Nurse
- Ability to critically think and problem solve
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- This position has the availability to work from home.
- Promote and facilitate continuity of care for referred clients
- Working knowledge of Medicare guidelines for home health coverage and compliance
- Must demonstrate knowledge of clinical skills, judgement, current nursing practices and analytical capabilities
- Answer and triage inquiry calls from clients, families, physicians’ offices, community agencies and insurance companies
- Serve as a liaison between marketing staff, intake team and clinical staff members
- Assistance of data entry for new referrals
- Take and sign orders from referral sources
- Promote quality assurance as it relates to the facilitation of home care planning
- Ensure patient meets home bound criteria
- Serve as a resource to referral sources and community regarding home health services
- Monitoring reports and compile data related to all intake functions
- Help provide leadership over intake in an effective results oriented, and customer focused manner
- Actively participate as a part of a high performance work team to drive and manage change to deliver exceptional patient/client service experience
- Help manage and maintain accurate and up to date referral admissions/pending admission log information
Hours: Monday - Friday
For more information on this opportunity, please contact recruiter Francesca Verdiales at Francesca.Verdiales@brooksrehab.org.