Participates as a member of the senior management team in the development and implementation of organization-wide policies and programs that contribute to the organization’s success through community outreach and development. Acts as a liaison for the organization within the healthcare community. Leads the effort to obtain in-kind and monetary donations, securing grants, volunteer engagement, special event fund raising, and providing education regarding the Brooks system of care to the community.
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years fund-raising/grant writing experience
- 3+ years of experience working in a non-profit setting.
- Working knowledge of fund raising concepts, principles and practices
- 5+ years of management experience
- Demonstrate-able writing skills and verbal acuity
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Demonstrate success in executing fundraisers, donation drives, and grant proposals.
- Master’s Degree
- Knowledge and experience with the Jacksonville community.
- Demonstrated evidence of strong management and supervisory skills, decision-making, leadership ability, relationship building and consensus building.
- Knowledge of donor-based software,
- Ability to work as a team player possessing good interpersonal skills, strong leadership qualities, and solid judgment.
- Strong knowledge of community business and organizations and willingness to be actively involved in the public, private and sectors to insure successful operation and continuation of community programs
- Grant writing certification preferred
- Certified Fund raising Executive (CFRE)
CORPORATE AND ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the V.P. of Marketing, Planning and Community Health
- Provide exceptional customer service, meeting or exceeding expectations, to ensure continuous improvement of the Brooks’ customer-focused environment.
- Carry out complete and accurate planning, budgeting, hiring, supervising, and evaluating to ensure accomplishment of all annual and strategic goals.
- Maintain current, accurate and confidential records of all donor gifts in compliance with all professional and IRS guidelines.
- Have an attitude that supports workplace diversity and employee growth through mentoring and education.
- Design, implement and execute methods to approach individual and corporate donors, gaining access to networks that may yield major gifts.
- Identify and cultivate donors who pledge ongoing support
- Manage all aspects of fund-raising and special events including development, implementation, execution, and follow up.
- Manage the following programs; grant development, the gift shop, volunteer engagement, fund development, the employee W.H.E.E.L. Club, and donor relations.
- Develop and implement a robust grant process to support community health activities
- Develop and execute strategies for community benefit initiatives that support the organization’s goals
- Coordinate and manage annual fund-raising events such as: golf tournament, adaptive sports etc.
- Manage the annual Celebrate Independence event to promote community awareness of Brooks and recognize the progress of patients
- Develop and maintain communications strategy to include all stakeholders including, board members, employees, physicians and the communities the organization supports
- Represent the health system at community events to build external relationships to develop and strengthen support of Brooks community health programs
- Develop, schedule, and conduct community educational presentations.
- Coordinate mailings for events, fundraising, and newsletters.
- Identify and connect with targeted groups to seek opportunities for providing presentations, outreach to potential clients, and potential financial/in-kind/volunteer support.
- Develop, coordinate and follow-up with in-kind donations and drives
- Coordinate acknowledgements of in-kind and monetary gifts and donations.
- Oversee all aspects of the volunteer program and engagement including recruitment, assessment, orientation, training and/or overseeing training and policy and procedure compliance
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining relations with the members of the Community Health Committee of the Board. Acts as the primary staff person for Community Health Committee Board meetings.
- Cultivate and sustain effective and productive relationships with various health leaders and local benefit managers to improve the health of the communities served
- Lead the Community Health Needs Assessment in collaboration with the Jacksonville Non-Profit Hospital Partnership : develop and execute supporting strategies
- Develop and maintain the strategy for evaluating, vetting and communicating appropriate decisions regarding donations requests to meet the organization’s strategic goals (tickets, event sponsorships community involvement)
- Other special projects related to Community Health activities as requested by Senior Management.